Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Albanian
Home Country
Albania
Current Location
Albania
Your engineer called for the third time in the past two weeks. I am still without a working machine. (IN SPITE OF)
In spite of your engineer's third call in the last two weeks, i am still without a working machine.
OR
In spite of your engineer's calls three times in the last two weeks, i am still without a working machine.

I paid for a 256MB memory card. The one in the box was only a 128MB one. (DESPITE)
Despite paying for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one.
OR
Despite having paid for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one.

If neither one of the solutions i offered isn't right please let me know the right one.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Your engineer called for the third time in the past two weeks. I am still without a working machine. (IN SPITE OF)

In spite of your engineer's third call in the last two weeks, I am still without a working machine.
OR
In spite of your engineer's calls three times in the last two weeks, I am still without a working machine.

In spite of your engineer having called three times in the last two weeks, I am still without a working machine.

I paid for a 256MB memory card. The one in the box was only a 128MB one. (DESPITE)

Despite paying for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one.
OR
Despite having paid for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one. Correct.

If neither one of the solutions I have offered is[STRIKE]n't[/STRIKE] right, please let me know the right one.

See above.

Remember that "I" is capitalised no matter where it comes in the sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.