• Exciting news! With our new Ad-Free Premium Subscription you can enjoy a distraction-free browsing experience while supporting our site's growth. Without ads, you have less distractions and enjoy faster page load times. Upgrade is optional. Find out more here, and enjoy ad-free learning with us!

all its coomplexity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosun

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
The following sentences are about 'laughter" and I am not sure what it means. can you please explain??( especially the red parts) :roll:

His well written, often amusing and always fascinating book presents laughter in all its complexity and with all its contraditions. He does not try to sell us a one-issue explanation of laughter.

kingkoti

Member Type
Student or Learner
The humor used in his books is little complex to understand, i.e., you need to think logically and derive a conclusion which may even sound absurd. And the humor presented in his books include wide ranging work on humor genres, say, few may be related to women or marriage or may be even on some science theory..

hope i interpreted it correctly.. if any contradictions please feel free.. let's have a discussion.

oregeezer

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Thailand
Laughter is used in many different ways by different cultures. Humor, embarassment, confusion, derision, etc. a "one-issue" explanation would only cover one reason why people might laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.