An English book for native speakers????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Help needed from an expert here please.

I have rifled through an excellent book shop this week to find a grammar help book, specifically aimed at native speakers returning to study and for brushing up etc. But most are for students who are learning as a second language.

I have already purchased 'English Grammar for the Utterly Confused' -by Laurie Rozakis. It appeared clear and concise in the shop but after 2 weeks with the book I realise its lack of exercises is preventing me from drumming the usual grammar rules into ones grey matter!

I have 3 months left until I start my TEFL course and I am starting to get a little panicky. Can someone please recommend something!!!!

I also have just started with a tutor an hour a week and he suggest I just keep copying passages from fiction etc until I have a greater fluency of the 8 speech headings and then worry about all the different verb/adjective and other categories of each, and everything grammar related after, or I'll just get totally bogged down and take nothing in!!!!

Any help/advice or book recommendations with a heavy exercise bias that would fit the bill, gratefully appreciated. :?

Mak

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I like Michael Swan's Practical English Usage. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.