Not open for further replies.

buffy

Member Type
Student or Learner
if you are interesting in learning Arabic just ask me. bye

Leesboek

Member Type
Student or Learner
I would love to learn some Arabic, but unfortunately I don't have time as I want to improve my English first and I am also trying to learn German (and a little bit of Spanish). But learning a few Arabic words would be nice. I love languages, unfortunately I am not good in speaking foreign languages but I am happy when I understand it.

What I wonder about Arabic is:
- I like it the way Arabic is written, you read it from right to left, is that right?
- How many letters are there in the Arabic alphabet? And what about numbers, do you write 1, 2, 3.......?
- How do you write my name (Marja) in Arabic?
- What is "hello" in Arabic? :)

HaDeL

Leesboek said:
I would love to learn some Arabic, but unfortunately I don't have time as I want to improve my English first and I am also trying to learn German (and a little bit of Spanish). But learning a few Arabic words would be nice. I love languages, unfortunately I am not good in speaking foreign languages but I am happy when I understand it.
What I wonder about Arabic is:
- I like it the way Arabic is written, you read it from right to left, is that right?
- How many letters are there in the Arabic alphabet? And what about numbers, do you write 1, 2, 3.......?
- What is "hello" in Arabic? :)

I like it the way Arabic is written, you read it from right to left, is that right?

yes, right...

How many letters are there in the Arabic alphabet? And what about numbers, do you write 1, 2, 3.......?
In Arabic there are 28 letters..and we write numbers as you write 1 2 3....

مارجا

What is "hello" in Arabic?

marhba or alslam alekom(peace be upon u)...

Leesboek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Chokrane ;-) (I hope this is the right word for "thank you")

HaDeL

Aaron Penk said:
I'm not sure if there's much of a difference in meaning, but how does it sound when someone uses the ش or not at the end of verbs?
مثلا: انا ما رحت للمدرسة
او
انا ما رحتش للمدرسة
Or would you just say:
انا ما كنت او جنت رايح للمدرسة
؟​

the language which u use is the informal,some of Arabic people use ش..and some use ما ..it's all about the dialect... for example..i say:ما رحت
my friend says:ما رحتش
but usually..the people who use ش ,don't use ما
but in formal Arabic..there is No ش in the end of the world in order to denial..
just we say in formal..لم اذهب

Any thing,,I'm here

smskamel

Member Type
Student or Learner
Of course,Arabic is my first language;since I'm Egyptian!!!;-)

Meshaal

Small correction,

ur name in Arabic is : ماريا

Hadel, Marja is pronounced like Marya be aware of that :)

btw, the number that it's been used in English ( 1, 2, 3 ..etc ) is orginally Arabic numbers, but currently we're using the indian ones sometimes ..

for me and most of ppl nowadays we're using the orginal numbers

Mad-ox

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
I would like to learn this language but it seems to imposible. The way the Arabians write it is fascinating! Anyway thank you for your offers!

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Germany
the language which u use is the informal,some of Arabic people use ش..and some use ما ..it's all about the dialect... for example..i say:ما رحت
my friend says:ما رحتش
but usually..the people who use ش ,don't use ما
but in formal Arabic..there is No ش in the end of the world in order to denial..
just we say in formal..لم اذهب
Any thing,,I'm here

How do you generate Arabic characters in your posts? Do need specific software? Can I also use it? I use WIn xp German edition OS
Thanks and regards

Rosy girl

The Arabic language is very interesting language but when you wish to learn it you must learn its standard NOT its dialect. I am a native Arabic speaker who would you like to reply on any command about standard Arabic .I will be glad with you my frinds. that is me Orub .

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
btw, the number that it's been used in English ( 1, 2, 3 ..etc ) is orginally Arabic numbers, but currently we're using the indian ones sometimes ..

The numbers that we use that we call Arabic numerals originally came from India.

~R

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I live in the metropolitan Detroit area, which is also home to the largest Arabic population in the U.S. :) In certain areas, the signs on all the local businesses are written strictly in Arabic, and the lettering looks so beautiful, like calligraphy. I would imagine it would take many years for an adult non-Arab to even learn the basics of the language.

the player

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello everyone,

I am from algeria, I didn't expect to see people interested in learning arabic language, as i am Algerian, I should speak arabic but in fact I speak dialectal arabic better than classical one, I am really weak in classical arabic, cause we don't use it in daily life, so I am not fluent at all.

Anyway, my dream is to speak more than 3 languages.

F

Fleur de mort

The arabic language is hard for some of people
cause it's contain some of the letters that do not exist in the English language, or any other language

خ
ض
ع
ص
ط
ظ

Any question i'm here:cool:

Therapous

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi..

It is difficult to learn arabic ,because there are many letters in arabic don't exist in english and it is hard to pronunciation it ..

could you please write this in arabic :-D :
" I'm not sure what I'm looking for anymore
I just know that I'm harder to console " ..

I hope learn arabic as soon as possible;-) ..

Thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.