Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think it probably means 'like'; but it doesn't mean much unless 'the same command' has a clearly defined meaning in the context. I imagine it might mean 'like the same command (but without the R prefix)' - if that's right, then it should be '"As with the same command, the R<command> must be followed a number", because <command> is a variable.

b

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"As with the same command, the Recommand must be followed a number."

Does "As with" [STRIKE]wants to say:[/STRIKE] mean "like" or [STRIKE]what[/STRIKE] something else?

Thanks.

It means that the same rule applies to the "recommand" (whatever that is) as applies to the same command (whatever that means!)

Please see my corrections in red.

BobK

Harmless drudge
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ny guess is that 'Rcommand' isn't a typo. For example, there are commands such as ADD, MULTIPLY, and so on, and 'RCOMMANDS' do the same thing but in an 'R' sort of way (whatever that is... - it might stand for 'and add a record to a Report file'). Ils sont fous ces programmeurs!

b

Sepmre

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you all. Since I summarized the original context to avoid prattling (I'm not sure if it's the proper verb). By the way the original one is: "As with the same command, the Recall command must be followed by a number" I do apologize for that great mistake. I'm supposed to type "by" wich actually was omitted cause I typed in hurry. Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You'll find the forum much more useful if you don't type in a hurry, and you check your words carefully before you actually post.

Status
Not open for further replies.