Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
"Some people think fashion models have no brains in their head. with a B-like brain, there must be some brains up in there" kimora says.

What's the meaning of "b-like brain." I found it many times on google but i can't get the meaning.

Thanks a lot.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Some people think fashion models have no brains in their head. with a B-like brain, there must be some brains up in there" kimora says.

What's the meaning of "b-like brain." I found it many times on google but i can't get the meaning.

Thanks a lot.

I've never heard this phrase. I just Googled "b-like brain" and the only exact hit I got was your question from this thread!!!

If it was only heard, not read, I would think that maybe it should be "a bee-like brain", suggesting that the person has a brain the same size as a bee (or as a bee's brain), but that only works if it's a mishearing.

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Here is the words from the script I have:
"WITH A “B” LIKE BRAIN SO THERE MUST BE SOME BRAINS UP IN THERE."

here are the google result I got:
The price of doubt - Google Books#

thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Here is the words from the script I have:
"WITH A “B” LIKE BRAIN SO THERE MUST BE SOME BRAINS UP IN THERE."

here are the google result I got:
The price of doubt - Google Books#

thanks

Aaaaaaaaah - if you read the phrase on that page that you link to, you will find that the whole phrase is "a b-like brain event". The "b-like" refers to the "event" which is happening in your brain, not to the actual brain! In the article, various things are referred to by individual letters (x, b). I can't explain that usage any further because the article made no sense to me at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.