Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Germany
Benazir Bhutto
They teach us to forgive and bear the suffering. I wonder how can we e ever forgive the assassination of a most courageous woman. I feel deep sorrow and agony. Please mourn with me.

Devil's tear

Member Type
Student or Learner
Benazir Bhutto
They teach us to forgive and bear the suffering. I wonder how can we e ever forgive the assassination of a most courageous woman. I feel deep sorrow and agony. Please mourn with me.

What a strange topic. But I like it. If you want me tear my clothes and slap my face like women in my country I'll do.
No seriously I love your writing so much especially your feeling for women.

baqarah131

Member Type
Other
I mourn with you.
I don't like the fact that they're calling it an assassination.
It was murder, foul, stinking, rotten murder.

edward

Benazir Bhutto

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Benazir Bhutto

I share your sorrow! Democracy has lost, yet, another ally!

Lynxear

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Educated, eloquent, expressive,
A leader among her people,
Her courage lives eternally.
No terror blunts her message.

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Educated, eloquent, expressive,
A leader among her people,
Her courage lives eternally.
No terror blunts her message.

Beautifully expressed, Lynxear!

Cheers,
Amigos4

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Germany
Shed my tear
For Benazir dear
She came here
To make it clear
Without fear

Face and hair
Beyond compare
She went there
To give more care
Sorrows share

Last edited:

Devil's tear

Member Type
Student or Learner
That is so sad and gloooomy.
What has happened? Sorry for my question.

Devil's tear

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have no idea about Shiite people sorry

Benazir Bhutto has been murdered.

Bhutto-5.jpg

It's expected unfotunately and this fate has waited a lot. This is the God's willing and we know who is the perpetrator. Too sad.
I want to slap my face and cry with tearing my clothes.
Allah yerhamha​

Last edited:

baqarah131

Member Type
Other
Devil's Tear, we all have our own ways of expressing our grief.
It is a terrible loss.
edward

kayasan

Member Type
Other
The whole nation had mourned and will mourn the death of this leader, Jamshid. I sympatize of course because it's a big loss for women, for democracy, for tolerance, etc. In the other hand, I would like to add she wasn't an angel either.

The reality isn't only black or white but far more complex.:cry:

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The whole nation had mourned and will mourn the death of this leader, Jamshid. I sympatize of course because it's a big loss for women, for democracy, for tolerance, etc. In the other hand, I would like to add she wasn't an angel either.

Hi, kayasan!

Death has a way of simplfying complex issues!

I agree with you, kayasan; 'it's a big loss for women, for democracy, for tolerance'

Let's see how history will treat the legacy of Benazir Bhutto!

Cheers,
Amigos4

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Germany

Nobody is an angel Kaya. It all depends on your perspective. I see it from the two following perspectives:
1. Pakistan is politically in a transition period from military dictatorship to democracy (you see it in the nomination of her son although he is just 19). There are some other countries with such a system. Pakistan has achieved a lot on its way to democacy but the military is still in power as with Turkey.

2. In a country dominated by men you simply welcome a women as the head of the government. People in such countries have all the reason to be proud because even in most European countries (developed world) women haven't still managed to get the top job.

Last edited:

kayasan

Member Type
Other
Nobody is an angel Kaya. It all depends on your perspective. I see it from the two following perspectives:
1. Pakistan is politically in a transition period from military dictatorship to democracy (you see it in the nomination of her son although he is just 19). There are some other countries with such a system. Pakistan has achieved a lot on its way to democacy but the military is still in power as with Turkey.

2. In a country dominated by men you simply welcome a women as the head of the government. People in such countries have all the reason to be proud because even in most European countries (developed world) women haven't still managed to get the top job.

The topic is a delicate one, Jamshid, and involves politics. I'm afraid I can't express freely my opinion.
I can only add I beleive in a programme not in a candidat's sex. We had examples in recent history where women weren't "angels". They can be as despots as men.
I don't beleive either in a dynastic system.

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Germany
You are right Kaya it is a delicate issue. Let me express it psychologically: It is a borderline issue which unfortunately calls for comorbidity conditions. I know (from experience) not all women are angels but we need a fair represenation of both sexes otherwise it is simply boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.