Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Is the expression 'beyond one's control' is acceptable in the following sentence?( also, if you see any problems, can you give me feedback , especailly the red parts??)

I am really feel sorry that I have to request a refund of hotel fee of $500 ( is it ok??). My brother died suddenly and I have to attend the funeral service. As you can guess, his death was sudden and this circumstance is beyond my control . Therefore, in spite of your hotel's policy that no refund is allowed , I wonder if you can accept my request as exception. I would really apprecite if if you could refund my money.

Horsa

Member Type
English Teacher
Not a bad attempt - just a couple of suggestions :)

I am really sorry that I have to request a refund of the hotel fee of $500. My brother died suddenly and I have to attend the funeral service. As I am sure you will understand, his death was sudden and this circumstance is totally beyond my control . Therefore, in spite of your hotel's policy that no refund is allowed , I would like to ask that you treat my request as an exception. I would really appreciate it if you could refund my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.