Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I am trying to write a personal statement and if you see any problems in the following sentences, can I have your comments?

1. I kept asking questions about how and why this crisis( I mean financial crisis in 2009) could affect so many people's lives. By solving these questions one by one, I greatly enjoyed the course ( I mean economics).

2. Economics and management will help and teach me how to make and carry out decisions. It will also help me develop my ability to think creativelly and logically.

Jaskin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Hi,
Please note I'm not a teacher nor a native speaker.

I am trying to write a personal statement and if you see any problems in the following sentences, can I have your comments?

1. I kept asking questions about how and why this crisis( I mean financial crisis in 2009) could affect so many people's lives. By solving these questions one by one, I greatly enjoyed the course ( I mean economics).

2. Economics and management will help and teach me how to make and carry out decisions. It will also help me develop my ability to think creatively and logically.

I think there might be only two collocation problems which I marked bold and italic. I'd write down:

answering, resolving, addressing these questions.
and
implementing decisions

I'd also wait for a confirmation of more experience user of English.

Cheers

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I do not see any collocation problem in the phrases.

solving/answering/resolving/addressing a question mean the same thing

so is carrying out/implementing/executing a decision.

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.