Academic
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
hi guy,

I have to write thanks in my thesis... One of the phrases I would like to use is this :

"I want to thank XXX for sticking by me through thick and thin, when even I wasn't sure exactly of what I was doing."

Is tis too informal?

Any other suggestions on what to add?

Bye
pat

heidita

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Europe
Current Location
Europe
"I want to thank XXX for sticking by me through thick and thin, when even I wasn't sure exactly of what I was doing."

Is tis too informal?

Any other suggestions on what to add?

Bye
pat

Let's see if you like my sentence:

I would like to give a big thanks to XXXX for sticking by me through thick and thin, come rain come shine, when I wasn't even sure of what exactly I was doing.

trapanipalermo

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
it's nice... but changes a little the meaning... I would like to stress on the fact that not even "I" was sure of what I was doing..but they were sure that i was doing the right thing

Snowcake

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
it's nice... but changes a little the meaning... I would like to stress on the fact that not even "I" was sure of what I was doing..but they were sure that i was doing the right thing

How about:

I want to thank xxx for sticking by me trough thick and thin and for reassuring me, when even I wasn't sure of what exactly I was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.