Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I'm doing a project on Economic disparity, development, and why there is so much poverty.

This is my thesis statement:

"Economic disparity and development is the driving force behind all poverty, along with the dangerously augmenting world population, as it draws its roots from economic, climatic, and naturalistic means within a dangerous poverty cycle."

can you tell me if it is grammatically correct? Thanks. God Bless.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm doing a project on Economic disparity, development, and why there is so much poverty.

This is my thesis statement:

"Economic disparity and development is the driving force behind all poverty, along with the dangerously augmenting world population, as it draws its roots from economic, climatic, and naturalistic means within a dangerous poverty cycle."

can you tell me if it is grammatically correct? Thanks. God Bless.

"It" is ambiguous. What does it refer to? Economic disparity and development? Dangerously augmenting world population?

I would prefer 'root cause' to 'driving force' to describe 'economic disparity and development'.

not a teacher

Jason7377

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Yes, thank you for you input; you were right on. It was very ambiguous. I changed it to something that was simple and to the point.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Development is a cause of poverty?

That and economic disparity are two forces, if so.

But is it accurate to say "Economic disparity drives poverty? Is it not a symptom or result?

Status
Not open for further replies.