canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Is it correct to say:

At time I work in a not canceled position as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant.

I hope you understand what I want to say :(

If you are german:
I want to say "zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt" :wink:


Kind regards,
Dany :D
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
Dany said:
Is it correct to say:

At time I work in a not canceled position as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant.

I hope you understand what I want to say :(

If you are german:
I want to say "zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt" :wink:


Kind regards,
Dany :D

Do you mean you're filling in for someone as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant when the position becomes open?

:)
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
Dany said:
"zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"

Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

Babl Fish Translations: Click Here.
 

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
"zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"

Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

Babl Fish Translations: Click Here.

:angel: Thanks a lot, Casiopea :angel:

Dany :D
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
Dany said:
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
"zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"

Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

Babl Fish Translations: Click Here.

:angel: Thanks a lot, Casiopea :angel:

Dany :D

You're welcome. :D

I've a question: What does 'without being under notice' mean? :?
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
bmo said:
it is a concealed or covert position.

Why do you think it would be a concealed or covert position? It sounds like something with a military background or straight from Iraq. If Dany worked as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, what do you think suggests something "covert" about his position?

I don't feel comfortable with the word by word translation from German to English and I am still puzzled over that one too.
Any ideas? Or am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance :lol:
 

bmo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
bmo said:
put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)

It sounds like IRS to me more than anything. As far as I know (and it's not a hell of a lot), Regulatory Offices are spread out all over the place like dog's breakfast. They are separate offices watching over (regulating) affairs regarding everything from health, drugs to schoolboards, commerce and what have you. I don't think there is anything covert/concealed about Regulatory Affairs Assistant's job.
Again, I might be wrong, but it's a bit far fetched for me.
 

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would simply say that I work as a regulatory affairs assistant.

:)
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
RonBee said:
I would simply say that I work as a regulatory affairs assistant.

:)

That's what I would do too. I don't think I have heard anything like
"without being under notice". Have you? Just wondering....
 

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
"zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"

Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

Babl Fish Translations: Click Here.

:angel: Thanks a lot, Casiopea :angel:

Dany :D

You're welcome. :D

I've a question: What does 'without being under notice' mean? :?

It means, that you work in a company (for example five years) and you are not canceled since that time.

Do you understand?

Kind regards,
Dany :D
 

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
bmo said:
put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)

For better understanding, I try to explain you, what Regulatory Affairs is.
If searched in a dictionary for another word. There are so many words, that I'm not sure whether this translation is the correct one or not.

Regulatory Affairs = drug authorisation

I hope that you understand now :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
Dany said:
bmo said:
put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)

For better understanding, I try to explain you, what Regulatory Affairs is.
If searched in a dictionary for another word. There are so many words, that I'm not sure whether this translation is the correct one or not.

Regulatory Affairs = drug authorisation

I hope that you understand now :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany

So, then, does 'without being under notice' mean, undercover? :shock:
 

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
bmo said:
put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)

For better understanding, I try to explain you, what Regulatory Affairs is.
If searched in a dictionary for another word. There are so many words, that I'm not sure whether this translation is the correct one or not.

Regulatory Affairs = drug authorisation

I hope that you understand now :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany

So, then, does 'without being under notice' mean, undercover? :shock:

No, it doesn't mean undercover.
I work in a department of drug authorisation, like some people work in a car authorisation. There is nothing undercover :lol:
Of course you can't compare it with a car authorisation. You must know, that one product has about 10 file foulder with documentations and studies and much more.

I don't know how I should explain "without being under notice" to you. I try to explain it in other words.

without being under notice = you havn't got a dismissal by employer.

Do you understand know?
:wink:
 

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello Casiopea,

It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany :D
 

Casiopea

VIP Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Member Type
Other
Dany said:
Hello Casiopea,

It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany :D

What about uisng 'permanent position'? :D
 

Dany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Member Type
Student or Learner
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
Hello Casiopea,

It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany :D

What about uisng 'permanent position'? :D

That sounds well to me. Thanks a lot :angel:
 
N

Natalie27

Guest
Dany said:
Casiopea said:
Dany said:
Hello Casiopea,

It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

Kind regards,
Dany :D

What about uisng 'permanent position'? :D

That sounds well to me. Thanks a lot :angel:

Hi Dany,

I was thinking about your explanation and it sounds to me that the company assigned you for 5 years to do the job of a Regulatory Assisstant so maybe this job is a contract job then? That's what it would mean here in my country. You sign a contract with the employer (a private company) that you agree to perform certain duties for a definate period of time during which they can't fire you or lay you off, etc.

getting closer, Dany????
or perhaps, you do have a permanent position with the comapny and you just change posts?

My brain is swimming, I'd better leave it at that. :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top