Chris 02320618 — My cover letter and resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunwenyu_25

CHRIS
Room 402, Building No.4, Branch lane 2, Lane1324, Shuidian Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai, Zip: 200434, P.R.China
sunwenyu25@hotmail.com
October 20 , 2004

Mr. Zhang Ruimin
Haier Group Company
NO.1 Haier Road Hi-tech Zone Qingdao, Zip: 266101, P.R.China
(0086) 532-8939999
aqmeng@haiercct.com.cn

RE: Marketing and Sales Department Recruitment Position

Dear Mr. Zhang:
I have known about your company — Haier Group for several years and I really want to join this great family. Your advertisement for a Sales Assistant in Marketing and Sales Department interested me because the position that you described sounds exactly like the kind of job I am looking for.
I feel that I am competent to meet the requirements. I will be graduating from Shanghai University this year. My major is International Business Trade and I won second-class scholarship in 2004.
During my education, I have grasped the principals of my major and skills of practice especially at marketing and sales field. Not only have I passed CET-4, but also more important I can communicate with others freely in English. My ability to listen, write and speak English is out of question.
I would appreciate your time in reading my enclosed resume and if there is any additional information you require, please call me at 13764299667 to arrange a convenient time when we may meet to further discuss my background in relation to your needs.
I am looking forward to have a personal interview with you.

Yours sincerely,

Chris
WenYu Sun

Here is my resume.

RESUME

Personal Information
Name: WenYu Sun
English name: Chris
Sex: female
Date of birth: Feb.5th, 1984
Marital status: unmarried
Tel:(0086)021-65253463
E-mail: sunwenyu25@hotmail.com
Address: Room402, Building No.4, Branch lane 2, Lane1324, Shuidian Road

Objective
To obtain a challenging position as a sales assistant of marketing with an emphasis in both global and domestic market sales.

Education
Institute: Fudan High School
Period: 3 years (1999.09 — 2002.06)
Institute: Shanghai University — Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce
Period: 3 years (2002.09 — 2005.06)
Major: International Business Trade

Academic Main Courses
International Trade Theory
International Management
International Trade Laws
Import and Export Practice
Mathematics
Monetary and Banking
International Finance
MIS
Business Communication
Organizational Behavior
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Statistics
Accounting
Basic Marketing
Global Marketing

Practical Training Experience
Period: 2 months
Company: KeDi Advertisement Limited Company
Job title: Vice Editor of XinPing Weekly Newspaper
Key responsibilities & Achievements: Edition, composing, building website, typesetting, translation and taking DV

Languages Skill
Have a good command of both spoken and written English.
Good command of translation.
Passed CET-4

Computer Applications
Skilled in use of Win 95/98/2000/XP, Office 2000, HTML, SQL software, FrontPage, Dream weaver Flash, and building website.

Scholarships
2004.9 Shanghai University Second-class Scholarship

Qualifications
General business knowledge that relating to Global Marketing, Financial System and Monetary and Banking.
High level of enthusiasm and commitment aim at successful marketing and sales career.
Good at Planning and Organization and excellent in Interpersonal Communication skills.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have known about your company — Haier Group for several years and I really want to join this great family.

This sentence doesn't do it for me. I'm not that impressed by your knowing about the company for severalyears, and don't like the word 'family'. Also, you should put the dasheson both sides of the name, but do youreally need to tell him the name of the company he works for? ;-)

S

sunwenyu_25

Thanks for your comment.

tdol said:
I have known about your company — Haier Group for several years and I really want to join this great family.

This sentence doesn't do it for me. I'm not that impressed by your knowing about the company for severalyears, and don't like the word 'family'. Also, you should put the dasheson both sides of the name, but do youreally need to tell him the name of the company he works for? ;-)

Thank you for your comment, it really helps a lot .:wink:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan