Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I would appreciate it if you could explain the following sentences.( the red parts. I am not sure what the author is tying to say) :cry:

As it happenes this is a book about all thougse things( such as women, emotion, school reform..), but women and children and school reform are marginalized in this society. So I come along with a lot of scientific data that says' hey, this stuff is consequential; and may be some doors are opening in our society.

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
I would appreciate it if you could explain the following sentences.( the red parts. I am not sure what the author is tying to say) :cry:

As it happens, this is a book about all thougse [????] things ( such as women, emotion, school reform..), but women and children and school reform are marginalized in this society. So I come along with a lot of scientific data that says, "Hey, this stuff is consequential; and maybe some doors are opening in our society".

The book is discussing matters that are regarded as unimportant and irrelevant by the society concerned (such as women, emotion, and school reform).

I have found a lot of scientific data which indicates that these matters are important and have consequences, and that it is possible that there is a growing awareness of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.