Could you please revise my cover letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anieta

Member Type
Other
Hello! :) I am a French translator, and I know that my cover letter needs revision, as this is the first time I apply in English and I am not at ease with idiomatic expressions. I would like to apply today, so if you can go over it as soon as possible, I would appreciate very much.
Please do not hesitate to make corrections and to give me some suggestions.
Thank you in advance!
Anieta

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your posting for an English to French freelance translator grabbed my attention as I am currently launching myself as a freelance translator, and after going through your Web site with great interest, I decided to apply to offer you my services.

I possess a trilingual University degree in translation from a French University. After working for the last 5 years as an in-house translator in various companies in Montreal, I decided at the beginning of this year to work as a freelancer as I believed I had gained enough experience and skills to deal with my own business.

Over the years, I developed strong abilities in translation, proofreading as well as in editing, in various fields such as marketing, advertising, subtitle translation and web site localization.
I handle French language perfectly and I am always trying to render the message with right idiomatic French words and expressions adapted to the audience.
Furthermore, I am a multi-tasking person with a strong creative sense and I love taking initiatives. With each freelance project I undertake, I guarantee high quality work delivered on or before deadline and prompt response to your phone calls and emails. I do believe that my skills would be a valuable asset to your company I can currently devote about 30 hours a week to you.

For more detailed information please refer to my enclosed resume. I would appreciate a personal interview at your earliest convenience.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Sir/Madam:

I am interested in applying for the position of the English-to-French freelance translator, as seen on your website. I am currently launching myself as a freelance translator and possess a trilingual University degree in translation from a French University.

After working for the last 5 years as an in-house translator in various companies in Montreal, I have decided to seek work as a freelancer. Over the years, I developed strong abilities in translation, proofreading as well as in editing, in various fields such as marketing, advertising, subtitle translation and web site localization.

I grasp the French language perfectly and I am able to render the message with right idiomatic French words and expressions, adapted to the audience.
Furthermore, I am a person who can multi-task, and possess a strong creative sense, including taking initiatives. With each freelance project I undertake, I guarantee high quality work delivered on or before deadline and prompt response to your phone calls and emails. I do believe that my skills would be a valuable asset to your company. I am able to devote up to 30 hours per week to this job.

For more detailed information, please refer to my enclosed resume. I would appreciate a personal interview at your earliest convenience.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Just some suggestions . . . less personal and more professional wording.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.