Dear students, what is stopping you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole K

Have you ever considered spending a year in Britain to improve your English? As an au pair maybe, or in some other way? And did you? Why not? Or if you did, what was it like? Would you recommend it? and what would be your 'tip of the day' for a successful experience. :?:

Last edited:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I used to teach a lot of au pairs from central Europe when I was working in a college in the UK, and they certainly learned a lot during their stay- most were studying for upper-intermediate or advanced exams to take back as qualifications.

Omar!

Member Type
Student or Learner
Unfortunately , I haven`t visited Britain yet . Some of my friend did it for studying . They told me some of their experience there . I really hope to travel for some weeks visiting London , Leeds and Liverpool :)

Anyway , let us waiting other members who have visited UK .

cheers :)

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Unfortunately , I haven`t visited Britain yet . Some of my friend did it for studying . They told me some of their experience there . I really hope to travel for some weeks visiting London , Leeds and Liverpool :)
Anyway , let us waiting other members who have visited UK .
cheers :)

You'll find extremely different versions of English spoken in London, Liverpool and Leeds. ;-)

the player

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,

I am thinking to do a languistic trip in England, but I don't how to proceed.

Are there some families who welcome people from all over the world just during their staying? and how much money does it cost for staying a month for example?

Regards.

the player

Member Type
Student or Learner
I just want to correct something, instead of writing "a stay abroad" I wrote "a languistic trip" i think what I wrote it's wrong.

Should be 'linguistic'

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar!

Member Type
Student or Learner
You'll find extremely different versions of English spoken in London, Liverpool and Leeds. ;-)

Which better to be visited ?
I mean for better learning and travelling at the same time .

Leeds , Liverpool , London , Manchester .. etc ?

My regard ;-)

JACOOL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I haven't been to Uk, and I didn't think about it, not because I don't want to but maybe I'm not interested yet. Any way I've met lots of people whu had been to there but unfortunately I didn't see that they have achieved something and I have no idea why!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.