definition of teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Anyone who passes knowledge to another person is a teacher. It could also mean doing this professionally. ;-)
 

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Anonymous said:
please can someone give me the definition of "teacher"

Anyone or anything that assists in the acquisition of knowledge by another. :idea:
 

henry

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
MikeNewYork said:
Anonymous said:
please can someone give me the definition of "teacher"

Anyone or anything that assists in the acquisition of knowledge by another. :idea:

I like your definition much more because of the "anything"( as non- human being like book and magazine can also be a teacher :wink: )

C'est génial. :up:
 

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
henry said:
MikeNewYork said:
Anonymous said:
please can someone give me the definition of "teacher"

Anyone or anything that assists in the acquisition of knowledge by another. :idea:

I like your definition much more because of the "anything"( as non- human being like book and magazine can also be a teacher :wink: )

C'est génial. :up:

Experience can be a great teacher. In my profession, we learn from the animals. :wink:
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Mine too.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
tdol said:
Mine too.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top