Diagraming Sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I am crrently teaching English for the first time in a very long time. I am looking for same help regarding diagraming sentences, particularly the very basics. For instance, what do the lines represent? Why are some lines on a slant and some are straight? Why do some lines go through the long long and some stop on the line? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

wpqin

I can understand your "I am currently teaching English for the first time in a very long time. " very well. What does the "in a very long time" play for? Does it mean you will teaching English for a long time or you have not been a English teacher for a long time or you have been teaching English for a long time?

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It means that they haven't taught for a long time. :eek:

M

meiling

tdol said:
It means that they haven't taught for a long time. :eek:
I want to ask that if "in a very long time" means they haven't taught for a long time, then how to see "I am currently teaching english for the first time", need your explanation.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You're right about 'in a long time'. 'I am currently teaching English for the first time'; suggests that the person has only just started teaching.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.