don't/doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmenn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi again...:)
Now i am really confused, unfortunately.My question is :when do we say ''She doesn't know...'' and when ''She don't know'' ? And what about using ''knows'' instead of ''know'' because...it's the the singular of the third person:SHE
When and...when?:-|

Banned
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi again...:)
Now i am really confused, unfortunately.My question is :when do we say ''She doesn't know...'' and when ''She don't know'' ? And what about using ''knows'' instead of ''know'' because...it's the the singular of the third person:SHE
When and...when?:-|
"She don't know." is wrong! Don't say it.
Say 'She knows.' and 'She doesn't know.'

Carmenn

Member Type
Student or Learner
But...i have heard this ''She don't know'' in a song and i'm sure about what i've heard. How can they be wrong?

F

Fleur de mort

But...i have heard this ''She don't know'' in a song and i'm sure about what i've heard. How can they be wrong?

''She don't know'' is not wrong but it's a bad English.

Veron1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Of course you can hear these mistakes in songs
Actually, singers' objective is not to pay attention to grammar rules but to get the perfect rhyme(the second line rhymes with the first)
They drop letters just to make words and music go together
I always find these errors
So, beware songs. Hear them and pay attention to pronountiation(a good practice for your pronounciation) but not to grammar
2006's explanation is right ,take it

I.A;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.