during the interview or while interviewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLPNO

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone

I'd like to ask which phrase ("during the interview with managers and employees," or "while interviewing managers and employees") is more appropriate in the following caption of a section in the report:

2. Analysis of the data obtained during the interview with managers and employees from different XXX departments.

And if it is "during the interview with" which form should I use -- singular (interview) or plural (interviews)? It's that each employee and manager was interviewed one time individually.

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Hello everyone

I'd like to ask which phrase ("during the interview with managers and employees," or "while interviewing managers and employees") is more appropriate in the following caption of a section in the report:

2. Analysis of the data obtained during the interview with managers and employees from different XXX departments.

And if it is "during the interview with" which form should I use -- singular (interview) or plural (interviews)? It's that each employee and manager was interviewed one time individually.

As these people were not all interviewed at the same time, so "interviews".

Analysis of data obtained from interviews with managers and employees of various departments, XXXX*

*Do you need to cite the company if the material is all based on research in one compnay?

KLPNO

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
As these people were not all interviewed at the same time, so "interviews".

Analysis of data obtained from interviews with managers and employees of various departments, XXXX*

*Do you need to cite the company if the material is all based on research in one compnay?

To be honest I don't know exactly because the original russian text is written by another person and I'm only translating it. In russian text, the Company name is always indicated when talking about employees, managers, coaches etc.

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
It may well be worth looking at that - if the article relates solely to the one company, it is not necessary in English to repeat the name at all points since it is understood that the people and departments are of this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.