error

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moonwalker

Please find an error (errors) in the next sentence.
Note those bolded "at" and "in".

In the current state of things, George will be responsible for drawing up and implementing the stricter security regulations at New York's three premier airports: JFKennedy, La Guardia and in Newark.

1. Must "at New York's three premier airports" be changed into " in New York's ~"?

2. Must "in Newark" be changed into "Newark"?

Please answer the questions one by one and if there are more errors in the sentence, tell me.

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
In the current state of things, George will be responsible for drawing up and implementing the stricter security regulations at New York's three premier airports: JFKennedy, La Guardia and in Newark.

This is how I read it,

at New York's three premier airports
==> at the location sites

: JFK, La Guardia, and (the airport) in Newark
==> "in" seems odd to me, too. That is, I have no idea what the name of the airport is in Newark, NJ, but if it's called "Newark", then 'in' definitely sounds odd.

All the best, :D

M

moonwalker

Casiopea said:

This is how I read it,

at New York's three premier airports
==> at the location sites

: JFK, La Guardia, and (the airport) in Newark
==> "in" seems odd to me, too. That is, I have no idea what the name of the airport is in Newark, NJ, but if it's called "Newark", then 'in' definitely sounds odd.

All the best, :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Have a nice day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.