Exams for university entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
TOEFL = teacher of English as a foreign language
IELTS = ?
CPE = ?
CAE = ?

:)
 

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Probably one of those, yes! :-D
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The last three are exams that are recognised by universities here, run by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate. the first is the standard American language test for university entrance. ;-)
 

shane

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2003
Member Type
Student or Learner
RonBee said:
TOEFL = teacher of English as a foreign language
IELTS = ?
CPE = ?
CAE = ?

:)

IELTS = International English Language Testing System; recognised by England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. :D
 

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
shane said:
RonBee said:
TOEFL = teacher of English as a foreign language
IELTS = ?
CPE = ?
CAE = ?

:)

IELTS = International English Language Testing System; recognised by England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. :D

Thanks.

:D
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
TOEFL = Test Of English as a Foreign Language
CAE = Certifcate in Advanced English
CPE = Certificate of Proficiency in English
;-)
 

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
tdol said:
TOEFL = Test Of English as a Foreign Language
CAE = Certifcate in Advanced English
CPE = Certificate of Proficiency in English
;-)

Thanks. Maybe I'll take that CPE test. (Probably not.)

:D
 
Joined
Sep 19, 2003
I’d go for (and I have gone for :wink: ) CPE, though it is quite hard, however, it thoroughly prepares you for university.
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'd go for CAE, which is slightly easier but gets you in.;-)
 

jinx83

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
I would say that CPE is the most important among the others.
Anyone on this forum sitting for CAE?

Best regards. :)
 

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
jinx83 said:
I would say that CPE is the most important among the others.
Anyone on this forum sitting for CAE?

Best regards. :)

May I offer a correction? Say the most important of the tests.

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top