Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK, I'm off to watch the football. See you later :up:

joanna49

Curmudgeon are you watching Scotish league football or premier league?Is that people go to watch football every Saturday??I wish I could be there and watch live football with other fans. I only can watch it online on my computer...ManUtd match is coming soon.:-D

curmudgeon

Key Member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Curmudgeon are you watching Scotish league football or premier league?Is that people go to watch football every Saturday??I wish I could be there and watch live football with other fans. I only can watch it online on my computer...ManUtd match is coming soon.:-D

Yes. Scottish Premier League (SPL) Celtic won 1-0 after a hard fight. Man U also won 2-1.

curmudgeon

Key Member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Another Oscar-winning performace:lol:

alihandra

Member Type
Student or Learner
Al ahly won
:smilecol:

:eek:nfire: :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire:

the player

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi Everyone I watch Algerian league which is weak as compared to the european ones but I am a freak of football and Raed Chabab Kouba a football team her in Algeria:up:

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Are they the best side in Algeria?

the player

Member Type
Student or Learner
Are they the best side in Algeria?

No they aren't, they play in second league, but many famous players are issued from it, they can't keep them because of lack of enough money

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
That's always the way.

jurc15

:cool: C r o a t i a is still first in the group E but England didn´t won against Izrael and I heard some roumers that McClaren will be replaced with someone better:down:(Bosnia and Herzegovina also won their game against Norway(that is a real suprise)).

trousy

Member Type
Student or Learner
I think that most of you not... but have you ever heard from Athletic Club? It's a team from the North of Spain (from Bilbao). We normally "fight" to enter the UEFA Cup (a competition of a lower level than the Champions League), but this year we are trying to save the category :-( .

What's the matter with this team? That in the more than 100 years of Spanish League, it has always been in 1st Division, and it has never had foreign players (non-Spanish players) and most of them are Basque. (However, some years ago Bixente Lizarazu, Basque but born in the French Basque Country played in Athletic, but he's not regarded as a foreigner.)

Furthermore, in 1998 we made 100 years since our foundation and we achieved the 2nd place in the competition and entered the Champions League. And we played the final of the UEFA Cup in 1977 against Juventus, but lost because of the value of away goals. We are also, after Barcelona, the team with most "Copa del Rey" (literally, King's Cup, a competition between Spanish teams) championships won.

Athletic's webpage

Regards.

afickkidd

Member Type
Student or Learner
whatever it is,italy is still the best team

currently at the top of FIFA ranking

FORZA ITALIA!! :-D

penelope87

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hey people!

Are you talking about soccer? What is it? :-o :-D Hahaha! :lol:

I love soccer, like any good Brazilian. ;-)
After all, we are the soccer country! :mrgreen:

This zone any one can say comments on football and footballer or tell us news about any team in the world like Real madrid , Barcelona ,Liverpool ,Juventus ,Lyon, Marseille ,Paris saint-germain ,Arsenal , Al-Ahly and Al-zamalek.
How could you forget to mention a Brazilian team??? :-o :-o :-o :)

São Paulo and Internacional, for example!!! These teams won the last two International Cup in Japan!!! :-o Ow... Man, here in Brazil anybody believed that Internacional could win Barcelona. And in the game the incredible happened! We, Brazilians, have laughted of Ronaldinho Gaucho's face. :p

And in 2005, we had São Paulo X Liverpool. Gosh, I never will forget this game. I almost had a heart attack that day. Long life to Rogerio Ceni! By the way, São Paulo is my team and I love it. I'm fanatic, I watch all the games, I shout, I say bad words, haha, I go to the stadium, oh well, I'm really a fan.

74793983_efc0532851_m.jpg

You know Kaka and Cicinho, don't you? Well, they came from São Paulo team. ;-)
Write my words that this year we will win the Brazilian Championship again!

And we will have Boca Juniors X Milan this year. Wow, this is going to be a great game! That that win, will be the team with more International Championships won. (Both have 3. [Alias, São Paulo has 3 too, hehe]) :cool:
I bet on Milan! :up: Kaká, Ronaldo, Dida, Serginho (from São Paulo too), Ricardo Oliveira, well, it's almost a half of the Brazilian team. Let's go Milan!

Blue Bird

Member Type
Student or Learner
Oh yeah, when it comes to soccer, Brazil are the best in this sport! Whenever someone ask me whom i would cheer for, I would say Brazil:-D because Brazil always wins, well, most of the time:roll:.

blouen

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Guys,

Sorry to be such a party popper in this thread but truly I never tried soccer nor finished a game of soccer. I think it´s such a nice game but not so common here in the Philippines. :cool:

AlexPetrov

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hi, people!

I like football and I'm fan of Shakhtar Donetsk - for me they are the best team of the world.

Shakhtar - the guys from Donbass,
Shakhtar - for victory with him!
Shakhtar - the best on the grass,
Shakhtar - this is a perfect team!

This is a liberal translation from Russian one of the Shakhtar fans' songs))

Now Shakhtar plays in the Champions League and he has a very good chance to take the second place in his group. Unfortunately Shakhtar was beaten by Milan, but early Shakhtar had won his mathes against Celtic and Benfica).

The next picture shows how Shakhtar's striker Cristiano Lukarelli(in the middle in orange-black T-short) is celebrating a goal.
10740_mt_max.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.