Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello everybody!

Accident scene shall be secured for a time of settling circumstances and reasons of accident in such manner:

I would like to make sure that I understand "for a time of settling circumstances and reasons of accident" correctly.

In my opinion, "for a time of settling circumstances and reasons of accident" means "for the duration of settling circumstances and reasons of accident" or "for as long as circumstances and reasons of accident are (being) settled".

Thank you. The sentence is taken from a procedure about accidents.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello everybody!

Accident scene shall be secured for a time of settling circumstances and reasons of accident in such manner:

I would like to make sure that I understand "for a time of settling circumstances and reasons of accident" correctly.

In my opinion, "for a time of settling circumstances and reasons of accident" means "for the duration of settling circumstances and reasons of accident" or "for as long as circumstances and reasons of accident are (being) settled".

Thank you. The sentence is taken from a procedure about accidents.
None of these manual entries are in good English, so it's partly a guess from us too.
It seems to mean that the scene will be secured until all the necessary investigations that require an intact accident scene are completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.