• Exciting news! With our new Ad-Free Premium Subscription you can enjoy a distraction-free browsing experience while supporting our site's growth. Without ads, you have less distractions and enjoy faster page load times. Upgrade is optional. Find out more here, and enjoy ad-free learning with us!

[General] format letter

Not open for further replies.


Senior Member
Dec 13, 2009
Member Type
how to ask to change location for jury service

Are you yourself serving on the jury? If that is the case, I guess it would depend on the country you are in. Here in the U.S. you can't (as far as I know) ask to change your location to somewhere outside the where place you live. You can only ask to have your jury duty postponed until you return home.

However, assuming that it is allowed, you might form such a request as follows:

I would respectfully ask to be allowed to do my jury duty in another location, namely, __________ .
Not open for further replies.