free speech - red five

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Guest
To: Red Five - the administrator

I now demand your explanation in public that why you have deleted the yesterday's posting of Eric . Though I don't agree with him in many respects on some political viewspoints, from the psychological view points, he just vent his anger!

NikeNewYork did agree with me that sometimes rules could be bent.

I am very sorry for my blunt wordings.
 

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Anonymous said:
To: Red Five - the administrator

I now demand your explanation in public that why you have deleted the yesterday's posting of Eric . Though I don't agree with him in many respects on some political viewspoints, from the psychological view points, he just vent his anger!

NikeNewYork did agree with me that sometimes rules could be bent.

I am very sorry for my blunt wordings.

The owners of this forum have to make decisions that are good for the forum as a whole and all of its members. What may be venting for one member, might be hurtful to other members or harmful for the forum. A language forum is usually not the best venue for political ventilation. :wink:
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Things can get out of hand, so there has to be some element of control. Anyway, it was relocated, not censored. ;-)
 
H

Hong Kong Chinese

Guest
In reply to Red5

I am moving this thread to the members forum so it's not found by Google or Chinese officials.

We wouldn't want our site on their block list now would we?

Well, I didn't know that! OK it was a sage move. Thank You!
 

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: In reply to Red5

Hong Kong Chinese said:
I am moving this thread to the members forum so it's not found by Google or Chinese officials.

We wouldn't want our site on their block list now would we?

Well, I didn't know that! OK it was a sage move. Thank You!

Red is a sage kind of guy. :wink:
 

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: In reply to Red5

Hong Kong Chinese said:
Well, I didn't know that! OK it was a sage move. Thank You!

:smilecol:

:multi:
 

Beeuurkes

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Hello Red5,

First of all, many thanks for your wonderful and very helpful forum.
It's really noble of you helping people learning your language in that way.

May I ask you why you are called "Red" ? :Fade-col:
 

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Beeuurkes

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
O please... forget me for my lack of education.
smiley39.gif


For pity's sake, not Star Wars fanatics again....
x8.gif
goed2.gif
 

RonBee

Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Beeuurkes said:
O please... forget me for my lack of education.
smiley39.gif


For pity's sake, not Star Wars fanatics again....
x8.gif
goed2.gif

Um, that should be forgive me for my lack of education. You don't want us to forget you, do you? :wink:

(I've seen Star Wars and I didn't remember Red5. Perhaps I'll have to watch it again. :wink: )

:)
 

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
My name does not come from Star Wars. ;-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top