Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
"Turn my body towards the window and the wall. Let me lie on my back sometimes. I’ve never liked to lie on my side. Turn me so that my wounds don’t open up from lying."

Does the last sentence make sense? It's supposed to mean that lying could cause the person's wounds to open up, which is why she wants to be turned.

Thanks.

aous02

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Tunisia
Current Location
Tunisia
"Turn my body towards the window and the wall. Let me lie on my back sometimes. I’ve never liked to lie on my side. Turn me so that my wounds don’t open up from lying."

Does the last sentence make sense? It's supposed to mean that lying could cause the person's wounds to open up, which is why she wants to be turned.

Thanks.

Yes. you can remove "from lying" and it still makes sense.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

Thanks.
Yes, it makes sense. The person could have said, "Turn me so that my wounds don’t open up from lying in the same position for too long."
But the sense is obvious from the context. That's how you get bed sores, and both the speaker and hearer know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.