Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is it a sarcame to say "get a sesame cut in half"?

Context:
(Aside to the important work we are doing here: the bagel places are hurting because of the Atkins diet. Slender waifs want their bagels alright but they want scooped out. That's right. "Can I get a sesame cut in half and scoop one half and filled with the low-fat veggie tuna salad. Oh, and a Diet Coke." They do not eat the other half.)

N

Natalie27

NewHope said:
Is it a sarcame to say "get a sesame cut in half"?

Context:
(Aside to the important work we are doing here: the bagel places are hurting because of the Atkins diet. Slender waifs want their bagels alright but they want scooped out. That's right. "Can I get a sesame cut in half and scoop one half and filled with the low-fat veggie tuna salad. Oh, and a Diet Coke." They do not eat the other half.)

Hi New Hope,

It's all about Atkin's diet which is a low carb diet and bagels are loaded with carbohydrates. That's why the bagel business doesn't like Mr. Atkins too much since a lot of people stay away from buying that stuff.
"Can I get a sesame cut in half..." the person is asking for a sesame bagel cut in half, then the dough is scooped out and replaced with low fat veggie tuna salad. Dough is bad for you if you are worried about carbohydrates.
There are many bagels on the market...cheese bagels, sour dough, sesame, onion, etc.

:lol:

NewHope

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Got it now! Thanks natalie.

Status