Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Could you help me understand the following in bold?

1. This distorted thinking is also called stinking thinking..... Just when things seem to be going well our mind convinces us that things are falling apart. It seems that we self-sabotage. Negativity, despair, and global thinking are the key themes that I notice.

In the above, the word "global" seems to be used differently from its usual meaning. What does it mean here?

2. I have found it helpful to jot down a few bullet points before important meetings. These bullet points might be in addition to an agenda or any other preparation I would do for the meeting.

Thank you.

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Could you help me understand the following in bold?

1. This distorted thinking is also called stinking thinking..... Just when things seem to be going well our mind convinces us that things are falling apart. It seems that we self-sabotage. Negativity, despair, and global thinking are the key themes that I notice.

In the above, the word "global" seems to be used differently from its usual meaning. What does it mean here?
It is being used with this meaning: considering or relating to all parts of a situation or subject:

2. I have found it helpful to jot down a few bullet points before important meetings. These bullet points might be in addition to an agenda or any other preparation I would do for the meeting.
These are items that are not on the agenda or in other material for the meeting, so they are additional.

Thank you.

unpakwon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I see. Thank you for the answer.

Status