Interested in Language
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hi,

1) What does "hearty in my approbation, and lavish in my praise" mean?

2) "Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to" equals to honor other person?

3) What is "the interleaving of prose and poetry"?

4) What does "After enlightenment, the laundry" mean?

Tks, :)

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
beeja said:
Hi,

1) What does "hearty in my approbation, and lavish in my praise" mean?

2) "Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to" equals to honor other person?

3) What is "the interleaving of prose and poetry"?

4) What does "After enlightenment, the laundry" mean?

Tks, :)

Hey! I'm reading this book. :shock: :D 8) Here's what they mean to me:

1) Give your approval with heart, and be generous when you praise someone.

2) If you expect people to be someone they're not, then they will always disappoint you; If you expect people to be themselves, then they will always live up to your expectations.

3) The division between prose (words) and poety (meaning). What you say and what you mean may not be one and the same.

4) After we learn what we're supposed to learn, it's business as usual (i.e. we get back to our daily lives).

:D :D

beeja

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Casiopea said:
beeja said:

2) If you expect people to be someone they're not, then they will always disappoint you; If you expect people to be themselves, then they will always live up to your expectations.

Is it possible to mean you should give someone a chance to be recognized. You know, some kind of letting them be known by others??

:roll:

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
beeja said:
Casiopea said:
beeja said:

Is it possible to mean you should give someone a chance to be recognized. You know, some kind of letting them be known by others??

:roll:

That could work, too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.