Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is one critique
Critique
[SUP]1 [/SUP] Koji Suzuki’s short essay on patent law variation offers an interesting and knowledgeable discussion of an important topic. [SUP]2[/SUP]The paper is, however, a little ambitious in its claims. [SUP]3[/SUP] For example, Suzuki begins by claiming that “each country has its own laws…” but then he seems to argue that it is only the United States that is different from everybody else. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore, it would have been better if Suzuki had either illustrated this variation or restricted his discussion to the United States. [SUP]5[/SUP]A second weakness, at least in my opinion, is that we are given no explanation of how and why the United States has come uniquely to adopt a first-to-invent system. [SUP]6[/SUP]A sentence or two giving the historical background for this would have been helpful. [SUP]7[/SUP]Even so, the final paragraph provides an excellent summary of the current situation.

The question is "Do you totally or partially agree with the comments in this critique ? Explain "
Help me answer

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When do you have to submit your answer to your teacher/tutor?