help trranslation

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtango

help help can you give me a word for a machine used to rake the moss out of grass..?? In Dutch it is a verticuleerder, I can't for the life of me think what it is in english. It doesn't go deep like a harrow, just scratches the surface really to remove the moss.. there is also a blade which can be attatched to a lawn mower, with two pins just to turn the lawn over a bit... Please help I am forgetting my own language...

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I don't know- I'll go and ask my mother, who's a keen gardener and let you know later. :D

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
valtango said:
help help can you give me a word for a machine used to rake the moss out of grass..?? In Dutch it is a verticuleerder, I can't for the life of me think what it is in english. It doesn't go deep like a harrow, just scratches the surface really to remove the moss.. there is also a blade which can be attatched to a lawn mower, with two pins just to turn the lawn over a bit... Please help I am forgetting my own language...
Is it a scarifyer? See: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=scarifyer

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Congrats- you got it. ;-)