Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
When repling to emails/letters i just dont' seem to know how to start my reply I doubt my own ability and my mind draws a blank. I often search through previous emails to find an opening line. Some replies are often light hearted while others have to be quite serious and to the point. It is normally either,

Thanks for that mate, .................

In response to your letter dated 01-02-03 I can confirm the following. ............

Please find attached ..............

It all seems so bland to me or is it just my lack of confidence in coming up with something different?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
When repling to emails/letters i just dont' seem to know how to start my reply I doubt my own ability and my mind draws a blank. I often search through previous emails to find an opening line. Some replies are often light hearted while others have to be quite serious and to the point. It is normally either,

Thanks for that mate, .................

In response to your letter dated 01-02-03 I can confirm the following. ............

Please find attached ..............

It all seems so bland to me or is it just my lack of confidence in coming up with something different?
There's nothing wrong with those.
If you try something fancy, you might just end up sounding like someone else. It's up to you to decide whether that would be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.