HELP WITH FUTURE!!!pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdonuts

Member Type
Academic
Observe this as one sentence
I will carry out a deal tomorrow ,but when i meet you later tomorrow,I will not think that you know i did (tomorrow/the same day)
which is to be used?

gdonuts

Member Type
Academic
Also i would appreciate if someone told me how the words..today,tomorrow and yesterday change while reporting in the future as in..
he will tell me"tod is doing this today"

Horsa

Member Type
English Teacher
In the first of these posts the model sentence is wrong.

I will carry out a deal tomorrow ,but when i meet you later tomorrow,I will not think that you know i did (tomorrow/the same day)

However, the answer is almost certainly I did it the same day.

"Whatever day I meet him next week I'm sure he will tell me Todd is doing it on that day."

"Whatever day I meet him next week I'm sure he will tell me Todd is going to do it the following day/the next day."

"Whatever day I meet him next week I'm sure he will tell me Todd did it the previous day/the day before."

gdonuts

Member Type
Academic
I mean could ...has a distinct meaning from can so it shouldn't have to change in the future rite...could puts an emphasis on a hypothetical situation if i am not mistaken

riverkid

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Observe this as one sentence
which is to be used?

Why use either, Gdonuts? These are grammatical to my mind but they are mindbenders.

I suppose if there was a storyline, a context, then they would make more sense. As it is, I think I can figure it out but I just don't see any need to add the time adverb.

gdonuts

Member Type
Academic
Sorry about that...lol..as you have probably already gathered(or so i hope) i am more than proficient at english and i observed when i was writing this passage that i was ,yesterday that i used "the same day" for tomorrow but for today i had used today and for yesterday ,yesaterday...."You will know i did this yesterday ,tomorrow "and likewise for today......but it just changed for tomorrow ...and i am in the habit of doubting my most natural instincts.....as i have never understood them...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.