Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Present Perfect Tense
1) My father has wearied after he worked a long time, so he wanted to go back to his country.
Present Perfect Tense (Passive Tense)
2) After a long time has worked by my father he wearied, so he wanted to go back to his country.

Simple Tense
3) When my mother scolds me, I don’t talk back her because I appreciate my mother and her kindness.
Simple Tense (Passive Tense)
4) When I scolds by my mother, I don’t talk back her because I appreciate my mother and her kindness.

Note: When should I put the “comma” in the sentence or story?

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Present Perfect Tense
1) My father has wearied after he worked a long time, so he wanted to go back to his country.
Present Perfect Tense (Passive Tense)
2) After a long time has worked by my father he wearied, so he wanted to go back to his country.

Simple Tense
3) When my mother scolds me, I don’t talk back her because I appreciate my mother and her kindness.
Simple Tense (Passive Tense)
4) When I scolds by my mother, I don’t talk back her because I appreciate my mother and her kindness.

Note: When should I put the “comma” in the sentence or story?

Commas are not your problem here. Try these alternatives. I'm sure there are others. 1) & 2) My father became weary, having worked for a long time. So, he wanted to go back to his country. 3) is OK. 4) When I am scolded by my mother.......

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
1) & 2) My father became weary, having worked for a long time. So, he wanted to go back to his country.

What do you mean? give me more details?

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1) & 2) My father became weary, having worked for a long time. So, he wanted to go back to his country.

What do you mean? give me more details?

"Weary" is primarily an adjective. Although it can be a verb, I don't think you will hear it used in that way in everyday conversation and certainly not with present perfect ("has wearied"). "Having worked etc." is a (present) participial phrase that describes "father".

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
very good details, that added to me another good advice.
Thank you so much. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.