Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
People never improve unless they look to some standard or example higher and better than themselves, says American theologian Tyron Edwards. Positive role-modelling is the most effective teaching tool when we want to achieve positive outcomes, and is also more likely to be a major source of successful ideas. Still, school textbooks can provide valuable information, but they, I think, are never enough because many good characters still cannot be taught but experienced. And, in life, we can always embody positive values, benefit from extensive experiences, improve ourselves and upgrade our abilities, it’s just, in my opinion, a matter of having a trusted role model to emulate.

In fact, you exhibit a number of positive character traits (harder to find in other people) worthy of emulation. You have the ability to influence others with your unique and optimistic personality. And also you do everything with an incredible initiative and are (usually) positive. You’re more confident in what you do and not proud. Very true indeed, you’re very polite and extremely patient with everybody even when they’re not nice at all. For your communication skills, you’re a great communicator; you, for example, know how to express your opinions, the right time to correct, and disagree (more) politely and in a friendly and non-aggressive manner, and work hard to set a better example for other people, which is a very rare quality in today’s world. You treat everyone with respect and integrity, which is one of the defining characteristics of great leaders. You are always well prepared to adapt and thrive in highly challenging environments—and are capable of handling stressful jobs and prioritize heavy workload—in a professional and timely manner. Unlike so many other people, though, despite your busy schedule, you’re active in your community outside of the classroom—contributing your knowledge (not paid) to society—not because the more knowledge you have nor looking for publicity, but as your life’s motto says, together succeed. What most distinguishes you, too, is that you’re both candid and trustworthy at all the times (even when it’s difficult to be so), and you add real value to people’s lives. Those positive qualities really make you such a remarkable character, I’m sure. In addition, the more I get to know about your impressive character, the more it stimulates my interest in you.

Right from the beginning, you’ve been a knowledgeable advisor for me to turn to for academic knowledge/advice when an emergency occurs, as they are much more effective. You’ve helped me focus on positive things. They are, as a result, changed my outlook on life for the better. You not only have influenced me how to act and think, but you’ve also helped me realize the importance of keeping surrounding myself with other high character people to better myself. Thank you for being instructive role model for me; DON’T ever change.

Would you proofread that letter? Is it correct English?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First paragraph. Say:

...many good character traits cannot be taught but must be experienced.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Say:

In fact, you exhibit a number of character traits that are hard to find in other people. Those character traits are worthy of emulation.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Try:

You're confident but not arrogant.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Say:

You are very polite and extremely patient with everybody even when they're not nice at all.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Say:

You're a great communicator. You know how to express your opinions, the right time to correct somebody, and how to disagree politely and in a nonaggressive manner, and you work hard at setting a good example for other people.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

You treat everyone with respect, and you are a person of integrity -- two of the defining aspects of great leaders.

Say:

handling stressful jobs and prioritizing heavy workloads

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Perhaps:

...not because you are looking for publicity or acclaim but because you believe in your life's motto -- succeed together.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Say:

Those impressive qualities make you a remarkable person.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Third paragraph. First sentence. Delete:

"as they are much more effective"

Third sentence. Say:

You have changed my outlook on life for the better.

Also say:

You not only have influenced me on how to act and think, but you've also helped me realize the importance of surrounding myself with other people of high character to better myself.

Finally, consider:

Thank you for being the best possible role model for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.