I also think I would take more risks traveling now because I'm more self-confident,

Status
Not open for further replies.

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
I don't understand the use of would and could here. Could you please help me?

"Are you a risk taker?

Yes, I think I am, or anyway more than I used to be. I think my attitude to risk has changed as I’ve gotten older. For example, I’m more open to risking a change in appearance because I think I’m less self- conscious now. I often change hairstyles and color, but when I was younger I had the same hairstyle for years and years, I also think I would take more risks traveling now because I'm more self-confident, so I’m pretty sure I could cope with any problems."

Source:Top Notch 3

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Can I say in the following way If I want to memorize the sentence below?
"I also think I would take more risks if I were traveling now because I'm more self-confident, so I’m pretty sure I could cope with any problems."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can I say it in the following way if I want to memorize the sentence below?

"I also think I would take more risks if I were traveling now because I'm more self-confident, so I’m pretty sure I could cope with any problems."

Your new sentence is OK. Note my changes to the first line though. Why did you capitalise "if" in that line when it appeared in the middle of a normal sentence? Also, it doesn't make any difference that you're planning to memorise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.