I have no spelling skills i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NissanGTR

really need Help i can't spell

i use to skip school all the time i am drop out
i really need you people to help me out i just started my 1st reall full time job and i need to be abile to spell .

pleasse help me give me free sites free advice i reall need all the help i can get.
the problame is there are some words i know how to type because i chat on msn but when it comes to writing them down on a paper i have a problame i don't what i can do but your advice help is really needed.
i don't think i can do the job at this place if i don't have spelling skills.

thank you very much
alex

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are a couple of good ways to learn how to spell words. One help that we didn't use to have is the spellchecker. Use it to find the misspelled words in your text. (It won't tell you if the words have been used properly.) Once you have identified the problem words (the first step) there are a couple of ways to remember how words are spelled. One is with nmenomics. An example of that is that it is necessary to have one cap and two socks. Thus: necessary. Another way is rote. For example, use the problem word in a sentence, writing it twenty or thirty times. (I didn't promise you it would be easy.) Example: "It is necessary that I do this." You might use either method or both methods.

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What route did you take to find that, Red?

(It looks like there is some pretty useful stuff there.)

Perhaps our questioner will want to peruse that page.

(Would you say the previous sentence has alliteration in it?)

[Edited to fix a goof.]

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Kewl!

:wink:

N

NissanGTR

Thank You For the help

RonBee said:
There are a couple of good ways to learn how to spell words. One help that we didn't use to have is the spellchecker. Use it to find the misspelled words in your text. (It won't tell you if the words have been used properly.) Once you have identified the problem words (the first step) there are a couple of ways to remember how words are spelled. One is with nmenomics. An example of that is that it is necessary to have one cap and two socks. Thus: necessary. Another way is rote. For example, use the problem word in a sentence, writing it twenty or thirty times. (I didn't promise you it would be easy.) Example: "It is necessary that I do this." You might use either method or both methods.

thank you for your reply
i think the main problem is the spellchecker for me since i was a kid maybe in grade 5 and up i didn't know how to spell i used the computer to do all my work and i used spellcheckers all the time thats why i can't sell .

the 1st method i don't really understand how it work
the 2nd method sounds good but i can't really write the Dictionary out twenty times it will take me forever and most likely i'll forget before i can do it its not one word i can't spill its more then 80% of the words.

any methods that can help let me know
there is no job that will take someone that can't write or spill
i don't wanna give up i am 22 and i am sure i can improve this i just need your help or anyone on this form that can be an advizer

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
RonBee said:
(Would you say the previous sentence has alliteration in it?):)

Perhaps our poser will peruse that page. :D

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Thank You For the help

NissanGTR said:
RonBee said:

thank you for your reply
i think the main problem is the spellchecker for me since i was a kid maybe in grade 5 and up i didn't know how to spell i used the computer to do all my work and i used spellcheckers all the time thats why i can't sell .

the 1st method i don't really understand how it work
the 2nd method sounds good but i can't really write the Dictionary out twenty times it will take me forever and most likely i'll forget before i can do it its not one word i can't spill its more then 80% of the words.

any methods that can help let me know
there is no job that will take someone that can't write or spill
i don't wanna give up i am 22 and i am sure i can improve this i just need your help or anyone on this form that can be an advizer

The example I cited about necessary is to help people learn that the word has one cee and two esses.

You can post things here and get help that way. Did you try the links Red posted?

Considering that you didn't use the spellchecker, you didn't do too badly.

(Say: advisor)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Casiopea said:
RonBee said:
(Would you say the previous sentence has alliteration in it?):)

Perhaps our poser will peruse that page. :D

That sentence's sounds stand out smartly.

:wink:

N

NissanGTR

The example I cited about necessary is to help people learn that the word has one cee and two esses.

You can post things here and get help that way. Did you try the links Red posted?

Considering that you didn't use the spellchecker, you didn't do too badly.

(Say: advisor)

i tryed to use the red post's there is some good information. but most of the links(stuff) you have to pay for i think.
what is an esses ?
what is an cee ?
words have one cee and one esses[/i} ?

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

NissanGTR said:
what is an esses ?
what is an cee ?
words have one cee and one esses[/i} ?

necessary... has 1 letter C (cee) and two Ss (esses) ;-)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
try, tried, tries, trying

Some more letters: bee, cee, dee, ef, gee, aitch, jay, kay, el, em, en, pee, ar, es, tee, vee, ex, wye, zee

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
RonBee said:
An example of that is that it is necessary to have one cap and two socks.

We were taught 'one collar and two socks'. ;-)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
tdol said:
RonBee said:
An example of that is that it is necessary to have one cap and two socks.

We were taught 'one collar and two socks'. ;-)

I remembered that inaccurately. On the other hand, cap should work as well as collar, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.