Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Dear people,

I am just wondering if this text is correct?

Unfortunately, people's brains were so brainwashed they could not see any connection between a person's criticism of society and his sudden death.
Those courageous and thoughtful intellectuals who understood what was going on kept they thought for themselves. They would not even trust their own children and wives. This was a time when a brave human being was treated as a madman, and an opportunist as a wise. Milan belonged to the second group, and even if he understood that something was wrong his faith in the Party was so strong that he saw the present injustices just as a passing ailments that were inevitable on the way to the new society.

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Dear people,

I am just wondering if this text is correct?

Unfortunately, people's brains [omit] were so brainwashed they could not see any connection between a person's criticism of society and his sudden death.
Those courageous and thoughtful intellectuals who understood what was going on kept they thought for [their thoughts to] themselves. They would not even trust their own children and wives. This was a time when a brave human being was treated as a madman, and an opportunist as wise. Milan belonged to the second group, and even if he understood that something was wrong, his faith in the Party was so strong that he saw the present injustices as [just/merely] passing ailments that were inevitable on the way to a new society.

Status
Not open for further replies.