If the anchor chain or fitting is impaired or otherwise altered, so as to destroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello all users!

If the anchor chain or fitting is impaired or otherwise altered, so as to destroy its identity with the certificate, the facts are to be reported to your Lloyd's Register Group office in order that the certificate may be altered accordingly.

Does "If the anchor chain or fitting is impaired or otherwise altered, so as to destroy its identity with the certificate" mean "If the anchor chain or fitting is impaired or otherwise altered to such an extent that its identity does not correspond to the certificate" or ""If the anchor chain or fitting is impaired or otherwise altered in such a way that its identity does not correspond to the certificate"?

What is your point of view?
Thank you.

Skrej

Key Member
Member Type
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't really see any significant difference between your two interpretations.

They both mean that if the anchor chain or fitting is damaged (intentionally or via natural wear) enough that it differs significantly from what's on the certificate, then you need to report the differences so that the certificate may be updated.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
While I agree with Skrej that there is no significant difference, I cannot agree that the passage refers only to damage.

If there is any change to the anchor chain or its fitting, you should advise Lloyds to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.