[General] If the job title is Research Analyst, can I say The research Analyst position?

gookenhaim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hello, I am writing my application for a job.

If the job title is Research Analyst, can I say:

"The Research Analyst Intern position you advertised at StartUpJobs greatly interests me."

Thank you for reading it!:)

Lynxear

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
This would be the opening sentence to a covering letter, not your resume document itself, right?

I would rearrange the words this way.

I would like to apply for the position of Research Analyst Intern as described in StartUpJobs on [DATE], reference number [reference number].

There should be a reference number for the job posting. It is important that you include it, as it helps the Human Resource department to quickly match your application to the job. You then describe your interest in the position and the company in following paragraphs. Good luck.

Last edited:

gookenhaim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
thank you so much for your answer!
hmm I often see job posting without reference number given, but as you said I will be more attentive to that detail
I really appreciate you advice!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much for your answer!
[STRIKE]hmm[/STRIKE] I often see job postings without a reference number given (no comma here) but, as you [STRIKE]said[/STRIKE] suggested, I will [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] pay more [STRIKE]attentive[/STRIKE] attention to [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] detail.
I really appreciate your advice!

Note my corrections above. You need to pay attention to these details in written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.