Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
What is the difference between "in comparison to" and "in comparison with"? Is there any difference in their meanings or usage? Kindly, explain with a couple of examples.

Regards
Aamir
The Global Citizen

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm surprised that, after 380 posts, you haven't noticed how the forum works. You do the research first. You look up the phrases in dictionaries and online and learn as much as you can about them. Then you post example sentences using them and we comment on them!

Aamir Tariq

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I'm surprised that, after 380 posts, you haven't noticed how the forum works. You do the research first. You look up the phrases in dictionaries and online and learn as much as you can about them. Then you post example sentences using them and we comment on them!

I logged in after a long time and I can't find my 380 posts. Kindly help me in this regard as well. How can I see my previous threads?

Secondly, "In connection with", and "in connection to" seem similar in meaning but different in usage to me and I am being a bit confused. I am not a native speaker so the experts on this forum can explain better.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Click on "Quick Links" in the toolbar along the top (next to Private Messages) then choose "My Threads". That will show you all the threads you have started. However, you don't need to see your previous threads in order to follow my suggestions. Even though you're confused about those two phrases, we still require you to include them in complete sentences before we help.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Also, welcome back!

Aamir Tariq

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Click on "Quick Links" in the toolbar along the top (next to Private Messages) then choose "My Threads". That will show you all the threads you have started. However, you don't need to see your previous threads in order to follow my suggestions. Even though you're confused about those two phrases, we still require you to include them in complete sentences before we help.

Thanks for guiding. I did that. but it gave me this message.

Your password is 297 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using
this page.

I changed my password. but still when I click my threads the same message appears, I thought changing my password would solve the problem, so I changed it twice, but the same message keeps appearing and on the contrary my profile says I have posted 380 messages and I wonder where those 380 messages are.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try clearing cookies for usingenglish.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.