Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Sim, it often appears that your school spends more time on strike than it does on academics!!! ;-):lol: What was the result of the last strike?
Like every year it led to nothing.

be real

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,
thanks for all the sweet words ..I miss you all so much too
sometimes I think ... " why have I chosen ENGINEERING?!!! :-| " kekekeke .. but I love it! and I'm glad I did that

This semester is going well, I'm doing my best, I'm still an "A" student .. I hope it will be still like that at the end of it ... there are about 3 weeks left ..we'll have some important exams that will decide most of the percentage ..wish me all the luck ;-):up:

I've been too busy this semester ..ad I guess I'll be even busier next semester because I'm going to take 6 courses and 3 Labs

may God help us all

see you soon..and Shanz!!! don't even dream about it :lol: hahahahaahaha

have a nice day! :-D

Simosito

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hey guys!
Nice for you to pop in Be Real.

I finally got my new camera, at least we didn't take the Olympus but a Canon EOS 450D, which I've already started using to get ready for the Xmas photos...

cheers,
S~

Hortence

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
This semester is going well, I'm doing my best, I'm still an "A" student .. I hope it will be still like that at the end of it ... there are about 3 weeks left ..we'll have some important exams that will decide most of the percentage ..wish me all the luck ;-):up: :-D

Good luck and good work!

proof.beh

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Hey guys!
Nice for you to pop in Be Real.

I finally got my new camera, at least we didn't take the Olympus but a Canon EOS 450D, which I've already started using to get ready for the Xmas photos...

cheers,
S~

Happy to hear that! :up:

Good luck with your picture-taking job.

be real

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
I'm back here again .. things are going too slow over here :roll: what happened :lol:

anyway, I've just finished the freshman Lab report . the last report for this course! (yeah!!!! ) hehehe

I guess I have some time to spend it ...playing hhh
hey! Sim, you got a new Cam. that's amazing ;-):up:

have a nice day/evening.../night

shanz

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
I'm back here again .. things are going too slow over here :roll: what happened :lol:

anyway, I've just finished the freshman Lab report . the last report for this course! (yeah!!!! ) hehehe

I guess I have some time to spend it ...playing hhh
hey! Sim, you got a new Cam. that's amazing ;-):up:

have a nice day/evening.../night
Glad to see you around after long absence... I will pray for you to remain A student like always as you renowned A member of this forum.:-D:up:

Have good studies!!!!!!!!

heidita

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Europe
Current Location
Europe
Happy Christmas to all the friends of this lovely thread.

I will be having a looooot of Roscón for the New Year, I hope not too fattening!!
roscon.jpg

proof.beh

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Hi

These days I'm going through grieving moments that I hope will never come back again. In the early Sunday morning, we heard of a bad news on the death of Grand Ayatollah Hossein-Ali Montazeri , the most leading cleric and dissident to the Islamic Regime, who was also called the architecture of Iran's 1979 revolution in which the US-backed Shah, the former ruler of Iran, was overthrown.

Since the early times of revolution, Ayatollah was a very close fellow of Khomeini, Iran's decedent leader, as he had been announced as the successor to Khomeini if the latter died. But due to the ungovernable killings conducted by Khomeini in the 1980's, he began to part his way from that of Iran's leader and even in a very fiery letter, he strongly opposed and criticized Khomeini due to his support of, allegedly said, over than 3,500 executions in the Iranian prisons in 1989 which is said to be one of the major actions intended to be taken to begin what now we are witnessing as Velayat-e-Faqih, a wholly mutated version of the theory put forward by Ayatollah Ali Montazeri who afterwards turned to apologizing to people for bringing it up in a letter. During the 30-year-old history of Islamic Regime, he was the only cleric to be remembered by People as an outspoken, unpretentious, down-to-earth and valorous cleric who backed honesty, human rights, integrity and freedom at any time. He broke a huge taboo in 1997 by questioning bluntly Khamenei's qualifications to be a Marja (source of emulation or Ayatollah), for which he was placed under a house arrest, a condition that ended in 2003.

Ayatollah was a very encouraging backer and admirer of the opposition movement of Iranians, or the so-called Green Movement and his loss of course, on one hand, will be strongly felt but on the other hand will open a way to the younger and radical dissident clerics to take part in the movement whose future is so bright and shining. He died of Cardiac Arrest Sunday, aged 87. May God rest his soul in peace. ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Another shocking news that I got today was that Brittany Murphy, my favorite 32-year-old actress, died of the same reason Sunday. How sad it is to lose a very talented and young angel whose 'Just married' was the first comedy movie I had ever enjoyed in years. May almightly Lord grant her soul best moments on the other side. ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------

After all bad news, we are left with one little greeting:

Merry Christmas!! :up:

Simosito

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy

SUDHKAMP

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Happy Christmas to all the friends of this lovely thread.

I will be having a looooot of Roscón for the New Year, I hope not too fattening!!
roscon.jpg
I am going to eat you Heidita darling.

Simosito

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Felices Fiestas a todos :):):)
¡Gracias, heidita!

Guys I'm playing a great videogame!
It was made in the 1980s but still can be used on most PC (through a programme called DOSbox), it is called Life and Death 2: The brain.
In this game you are a neurosurgeon and you have to diagnose and then, if necessary, operate your patients.
Diagnosis is kind of easy but surgery is really difficult: Just 2 days ago I have learnt how to operate for subdural hematoma, now I'm tying to learn the virtual procedure to remove aneurysms and tumors...
I still can't succeed in these operations partially because of a little bug: when drilling the skull sometimes the drill jams and you drill the poor patient's brain too.
I found a way to fix this, I just had to use the "enter" key instead of the mouse button to start the drill (I feel a little sorry for all the digital guys I've killed)...
I really love it, and I think it's realistic too, for it was created by a doctor, Myo Thant MD.

Cheers,
S~

SUDHKAMP

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
¡Gracias, heidita!

It was made in the 1980s but still can be used on most PC (through a programme called DOSbox), it is called Life and Death 2: The brain.
In this game you are a neurosurgeon and you have to diagnose and then, if necessary, operate your patients.
Diagnosis is kind of easy but surgery is really difficult: Just 2 days ago I have learnt how to operate for subdural hematoma, now I'm tying to learn the virtual procedure to remove aneurysms and tumors...
I still can't succeed in these operations partially because of a little bug: when drilling the skull sometimes the drill jams and you drill the poor patient's brain too.
I found a way to fix this, I just had to use the "enter" key instead of the mouse button to start the drill (I feel a little sorry for all the digital guys I've killed)...
I really love it, and I think it's realistic too, for it was created by a doctor, Myo Thant MD.

Cheers,
S~
Back to old games little Simosito. Happy to see you again.

SUDHKAMP

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
HI everybody, I have been diving again, I hope you had a good holiday too. :)

and WHERE IS SUDDY?????????????????????????
I am in India!;-):lol::roll:

proof.beh

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
I am in India!;-):lol::roll:

Where were you Sudh?! I thought Gandhi overthrew you from the "Camel Suddi Reign" by another uprising directed to only be a tool of vanishing you off the earth in the absence of detective P but back again there you are still having some power in India to ride all those poor anthropophagous camels plus goats I got you for your 200th BD!!!!! :-D

Happy Christmas to all of Camels, Goats, Apes, Snakes and Amazonians. :up:

¡Gracias, heidita!

Dude, it is a little bit so old to run on a new generation computer of P's type. :) To be honest with you, I'm not fond of old stuff ever! I don't remember that has happened to me once to watch a movie made in far past years, like 2 years ago. In my vocabulary, Classic and Old-fashioned are to be assigned to things coming from past time as far as yesterday!!

Happy to see ya'all! ;-)

Simosito

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Dude, it is a little bit so old to run on a new generation computer of P's type. :) To be honest with you, I'm not fond of old stuff ever!

My computer is a new-gen too.
I usually don't like old stuff either (I really can't watch Star Trek Classic for instance) but I've kinda got a old-computer-stuffs fetish (not a bad one) therefore I sometimes install Windows 3.1 to see what it was like and things like that.

AZAMI ASLI

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Turkey
Weeeeeeeew...I see Everybody Was Here!;-) Only me with these Med.stuff...:-? Oh, but it`s inspiring to see you all!!! And we have counting days to New Year!Wishing Best and Happy days for New year from this time!
Hope I`ll manage to visit Forum in NEW YEAR and to wish best WISHES to you:))
Sudh, Proof, Amigooo, Hortence , Simosito and my other lovely friends !- I LOVE YOU ALL!:-D

proof.beh

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
My computer is a new-gen too.
I usually don't like old stuff either (I really can't watch Star Trek Classic for instance) but I've kinda got a old-computer-stuffs fetish (not a bad one) therefore I sometimes install Windows 3.1 to see what it was like and things like that.

Good!

Hey, Sim! Do you make a Christmas tree out of a pine cone with ornaments on it in Italy or you just throw a little party in the beginning of the new year?:roll:

Weeeeeeeew...I see Everybody Was Here!;-) Only me with these Med.stuff...:-? Oh, but it`s inspiring to see you all!!! And we have counting days to New Year!Wishing Best and Happy days for New year from this time!
Hope I`ll manage to visit Forum in NEW YEAR and to wish best WISHES to you:))
Sudh, Proof, Amigooo, Hortence , Simosito and my other lovely friends !- I LOVE YOU ALL!:-D

Hi Alsli! I wish you best luck with your med stuff.

Hope to see you around us more than a quick visit! ;-)