[Grammar] Is 'Pediatric review' Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marria

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

I have a question about the correct form for this phrase. Is 'Pediatric Review' a correct term? or Pediatrics Review sounds more correct? I'm in doubt about the second one since Pediatrics drops the 's' if any word is added to it. for example: Pediatric neurology, Pediatric dermatology, Pediatric cardiology, etc. However, I've surfed the net and found Pediatrics Review in some websites.
Could you please help?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,

I have a question about the correct form for this phrase. Is 'Pediatric Review' a correct term? or Pediatrics Review sounds more correct? I'm in doubt about the second one since Pediatrics drops the 's' if any word is added to it. for example: Pediatric neurology, Pediatric dermatology, Pediatric cardiology, etc. However, I've surfed the net and found Pediatrics Review in some websites.
Could you please help?
How do you want to use the term?
For a child going to a checkup with her pediatrician, that's a pediatric review.
A journal could be either.
(I say paediatric).

Marria

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi Raymott,

Thank you for reply.

It's for Journal title, and Is there any specific reasons to choose Pediatric or Pediatrics Review?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi Raymott,

Thank you for reply.

It's for Journal title, and Is there any specific reasons to choose Pediatric or Pediatrics Review?
No. If you do a Google search, you'll find both used by official publishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.