Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi all, I updated a status on Facebook, but not sure if this is correct because my friend told me that she does not know what I was talking about. Could you please help me?
I was trying to say I wanted a glass of triple-color dessert. So I typed " Being eager for a glass of triple-color dessert." Is it correct to use "being" in situations like this ? Many thanks in advance.
And a little question about the "Hi all, " I typed at the beginning of my question, is that correct? I saw this in some forums, but not sure if this is appropriate in this asking-help situation. Thanks. :)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi all, I updated a status on Facebook, but not sure if this is correct because my friend told me that she does not know what I was talking about. Could you please help me?
I was trying to say I wanted a glass of triple-color dessert. So I typed " Being eager for a glass of triple-color dessert." Is it correct to use "being" in situations like this ? Many thanks in advance.
And a little question about the "Hi all, " I typed at the beginning of my question, is that correct? Yes, it's correct and appropriate.
I saw this in some forums, but not sure if this is appropriate in this asking-help situation. Thanks. :)
No, you can't use 'being' that way. There's various ways you could phrase it. I guess it means that you remain eager for a glass.... But "Remaining eager for a glass..." is also not good. If, as you say, you only want to say that you want a glass, you can say, " Am eager for a glass of triple-color dessert".
You could also use, "Eager for a glass of triple-color dessert." or "Still eager for ..."
How you phrase depends on the exact meaning you want to convey.

Status
Not open for further replies.