It doesn't matter whether you get your salary on the first of every month or tenth.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It doesn't matter whether you get your salary on the first of every month or tenth. It doesn't affect the thirty day cycle. The waiting period will still be of thirty days. If the money has been transferred on the tenth of this month than the next salary will be transferred on the tenth of next month.

Please check my sentences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A thirty day pay cycle can't mean you get paid on the tenth of every month (or the first of every month, or any other date). It means you get paid every thirty days.

Let's say you got paid on December 31st. You'll next get paid on January 30th, then March 1st, then March 31st, then April 30th, then May 30th, then July 1st, then July 31st etc.

If your pay is always transferred on the 10th of every month, then you are paid monthly, you're not paid on a XXX-day cycle.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
A thirty day pay cycle can't mean you get paid on the tenth of every month (or the first of every month, or any other date). It means you get paid every thirty days.

Let's say you got paid on December 31st. You'll next get paid on January 30th, then March 1st, then March 31st, then April 30th, then May 30th, then July 1st, then July 31st etc.

If your pay is always transferred on the 10th of every month, then you are paid monthly, you're not paid on a XXX-day cycle.

It doesn't matter whether you get your salary on the first of every month or tenth. You are being paid monthly. You will still have to work for thirty days before you can get your next salary (I think we can say this). If the money has been transferred on the tenth of this month than the next salary will be transferred on the tenth of next month.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There must be a blue moon - I don't agree with Piscean! Each time you get paid, you will still have to work for thirty days before you get your next salary. You can say that on any day of the month.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ah, I was still working on the 30-day cycle!

GoesStation

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It doesn't matter whether you get your salary on the first or the tenth of the [strike]every[/strike] month. [strike]or tenth[/strike].
​/