John: Hey Michael, how are you? It's been years since we last talk to each other.

jackson6612

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi,

Do you think that the conversation below is correct? What about the sentence in bold? Thank you.

John and Michael are friends but have been out of touch for years. One day John send Michael a text message.

John: Hey Michael, how are you? It's been years since we last talk to each other.
Michael: Hi John, man, I'm good. How have you been? Thanks for taking the initiative and getting in touch again.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

Do you think that the conversation below is correct? What about the sentence in bold? Thank you.

John and Michael are friends but have been out of touch for years. One day, John sends Michael a text message.

John: Hey Michael, how are you? It's been years since we last talked to each other.
Michael: Hi John, man, I'm good. How have you been? Thanks for taking the initiative and getting in touch again.

It's OK with my corrections above. The use of "man" by Michael is OK if the two of them used to refer to each other that way when they were friends.