John is saying that the pay back will be delayed by 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it he

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1) John is saying that the pay back will be delayed by 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it he wants his money now.

(Second sentence deleted by moderator.)

Please check my sentences.

Last edited by a moderator:

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please ask about one thing at a time.
Please start using basic punctuation correctly. There is absolutely no point in your posting streams of convoluted sentences when you repeat mistakes that have been pointed out to you countless times.

1) John is saying that the pay back will be delayed by 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it. He wants his money now.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

1) John is saying that the pay back will be delayed by 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it. He wants his money now.

The second and third are perfect. The first doesn't work. If John is saying he can't pay Toby back for twenty-four hours, you should say that. Use the simple present, not the continuous tense.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The second and third are perfect. The first doesn't work. If John is saying he can't pay Toby back for twenty-four hours, you should say that. Use the simple present, not the continuous tense.

1) John says that the pay back will be delayed by 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it. He wants his money now.

Is it correct?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

1) John says that the pay back will be delayed by 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it. He wants his money now.

Is it correct?
Read my previous reply about the first sentence and try to rewrite it. I gave you a hint about the wording in my answer quoted above, so read it carefully.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Read my previous reply about the first sentence and try to rewrite it. I gave you a hint about the wording in my answer quoted above, so read it carefully.

1) John says that he can't pay Toby back for another 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it. He wants his money now.

Can we also say "if the payment (can we say "pay back here?) is being delayed for 24 hours or more than that, it means there is a problem"?

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
1) John says that he can't pay Toby back for another 24 hours. Toby doesn't like it. He wants his money now.

That works better.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States