Keeping my bilingual dictionary away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriano90

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello everybody, I've just joined this FORUM. Anyway, I am Brazilian and I really like studying English, actually Ive been studying it for over 3 years.. However, I would like to start posting a kind of curiosity of mine.

I used to use the bilingual dictionary Oxford Portuguese - English. But this year I decided to buy a learner dictionary- English - English, so I bought the Newbury Dictionary. It is the best dictionary I've ever seen because of the simple definitions and a lot of phrasal verbs, examples etc... I mean.. although Im not an advanced student, I can understand its definitions and I did realized that this kind of dictionary has improved my English aswell.

I would like to know your opinion about this dict. and which others do you usually keep around. thks!

Abstract Idea

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
United States
Hello everybody, I've just joined this FORUM. Anyway, I am Brazilian and I really like studying English, actually Ive been studying it for over 3 years.. However, I would like to start posting a kind of curiosity of mine.

I used to use the bilingual dictionary Oxford Portuguese - English. But this year I decided to buy a learner dictionary- English - English, so I bought the Newbury Dictionary. It is the best dictionary I've ever seen because of the simple definitions and a lot of phrasal verbs, examples etc... I mean.. although Im not an advanced student, I can understand its definitions and I did realized that this kind of dictionary has improved my English aswell.

I would like to know your opinion about this dict. and which others do you usually keep around. thks!

Hi Adriano!
It is good to know you are using an English to English dictionary. It is important to think in the target language you are learning. I am glad to know you are improving your English. Welcome to UsingEnglish!

Status
Not open for further replies.