King George VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latoof

Hi everybody,
How are you?
I am writing a research paper about king George VI. I would like to make a connection about him and a literary work, which focus on the Psychological side of the character. Can you help me to think about a legend, a peotic hero, a tale or another king who has the parent's influence over them or who has the hero characteristics.
I do need your help. You can give your suggestions for a topic.
Thanks in advance.

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How about 'The Once and Future King' by TH White. It's a version of the legendof King Arthur, so there is a hero, and he is heavily influenced by Merlin, whi is the father figure. It's also a fantastic read.;-)

Latoof

Hi,
thank you for the suggestion, although I did not read it yet, but the first look at it gives me an idea that it will be useful. I would like to ask you about literary works that dealt with a hero or a king, if you will know one of these works. What I would like to do is to find a comparason between King George VI's character and the other chracter and to show that George VI was not a good king. This of cource will be built on evidences found in King George's live. I am reading in Psychology to analyze his shyness, stammer, and the influence of his father cruel way in educating him.
My teacher suggested some ideas, I don't know if you will find it useful to mention them. He suggested to read about kingship/leadership and to see if king George matched these categories of kings or not. I suggested to write about parents rule in creating a leader character, which is the one I am trying to work on it. It has been suggested to compare between him and Queen Victoria, whose father supported her to be a queen, as far as I can remember. I would like to expand my readings more to get the full image.
I hope that I am not asking for too much.
Thanks,
Latefa

Latoof

Hi again,
I don't want to be greedy in asking for help. However, my friend is writing about King William the conqueror and she likes to find a literary work that dealt with his character.
I am sure we will find the help with such a generouse person like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.